I want to take a painting class, a la Bob Ross.
- I want to go hang gliding in Kill Devil Hills, NC.
- I want to see the archelogical dig at the Jamestown Settlement.
I want to go to the Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art and the Virginia Aquarium. I want to see KISS in concert, in the make-up.
- I will get a job at some kind of animal shelter, and I'm going to be damn good at whatever I end up doing there.
I will get at least one old, beat up piece of wood furniture, save it from going to the landfill, and refinish it.
'd like to go on an LCAC ride with my husband before he transfers to his new command.I had to cross this one off finally, because Shane left this command already. This bummed me out. I never got a ride on an LCAC out on the bay. Some of his family members did, and even though I offered to take any number of half days off from work, I never got to ride. I will go to see the Booth Trail in 2013. I will go to Natural Bridge, VAand the Shenandoah Valley and stay in a cabin in the woods.
- I will go to Hiddenite Gems, an emerald mine open to the public, in NC in 2013.
I will go to the Richmond Zoo and the Virginia Zoo (they have done a lot of remodeling and I haven't been there for a several years).
- I will go to the National Zoo in Washington, D.C. in 2013.
- I want to go to Tokyo some day. I would like to go to Hiroshima as well, but I've heard that Americans are unofficially unwelcomed there, and I don't blame the Japanese people if that's true.
- I want to see the pyramids and sphinx in Egypt.
- I'd love to see the Mona Lisa (she's in the Louvre in Paris) and The Scream (there are a couple, two of them are in Munich).
- I want to go to London, and maybe look for the TARDIS and the Doctor.
- I want to go to San Diego to see my best friend, go to Comic Con, wear a costume, take lots of photos, find an awesome looking Spider-Man so I can give him a hug for just being Spidey, and then walk a beach on the Pacific Ocean, looking for shells.
- I'd like to go to a taping of "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" if we ever go to California.
- I want to have at least one great, wildly creative crochet pattern published in a real book somewhere.
- I'd like to have our yard be featured for our Halloween decorations with a local tv station, so people might understand you don't have to spend big bucks on decorations and still put together a great display (I say this because we don't go as crazy for Christmas decorations).
- I'd like to win a challenge on Craftster.
I'd like to compete on Craft Wars on TLC.I had to cross this one off too, because I'm pretty sure it's no longer on the air. I can't find any updated information on it.
- I will finish the Jedi costume finally and I will join the Rebel Legion.
- I will finish the doll house I started several years ago.
- I want to go to Ohio and see Ralphie Harper's house from The Christmas Story.
- I want to see Weird Al Yankovic in concert, and maybe even the Bangles if I ever get to California.
I want to see the Barenaked Ladies again, the next time they come to Hampton Roads.
- I want to take my friends to the Virginia Safari drive through park in Stanton, VA.
Monday, February 10, 2014
Painting Like Bob Ross?
Without even trying, I was able to cross something else off my bucket list: to take a Bob Ross-style painting class. The class was actually offered as a thank you from a couple who went through a really hard time last year, and there was a group of us taking the class (or as my husband put it, it was a bunch of bikers painting "happy little" palm trees).
I'm not sure that I'm completely done with it. I keep thinking about getting more paint and re-doing the hammock and maybe some of the leaves at the base of the right spalm tree. Can you say crafting OCD? I'm not really feeling those two little aspects of the painting.
However, you can just barely see it, but in the water above the hammock, there is a dorsal fin sticking out of the water. There were a few of us that wanted to add something different to our paintings. Some people added birds (I have a few of those), and one guy added a setting sun. Me, I added a shark. :) Bob Ross always said there are no mistakes, just happy accidents.
I also just finished making some repairs to a blanket I crocheted for a friend's daughter in 2011. I actually took off the original edging off, because I wanted to use the yarn from the second row in as the mending yarn. I tossed out the original edging because it came off really frayed and damaged anyway, and put on 4 rows of new fun fur yarn DC and 1 last row of bright pink SC.