Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Took a Giant Leap of Faith Today

Well, after waking up in the middle of the night before last with a mini panic attack over the way things are going at work, and a couple of frantic conversations with my husband, I've decided to take a giant leap of faith: I turned in my two week notice at work this morning. I only am working one day a week at the arts and crafts store, but the stress and anxiety my supervisor is putting on me is far too much to deal with anymore.

He took it better than I expected, but I couldn't bring myself to tell him the real reason why I'm leaving. I figured it was better to tell him a white lie than telling him he's a hateful bastard that stressed me out to damn near the same level that I was stressed out when my mom was dying. I'd rather be unemployed than deal with that anymore. I mean, what small business owner turns down business from his existing customers who are willing to pay for his services? The same man that calls most of the women he has to deal with as bitches, or says his customers don't know what the hell they are talking about when they call about their HVAC systems. Ummm, I'm pretty sure that furnaces are not supposed to blow out cool air when it's 33 degrees outside. You can scream at them all you want, but these people are right when they tell you there's something wrong with their systems. He's almost screamed at me for doing things he left me a list to do, and then denied ever leaving me a list. I can't make a phone call in front of him, because he will always talk over me, correcting everything I say to the person I'm talking to but he won't talk directly to the customer. Hey, I made sure he always knew I didn't have any HVAC experience. Why not just let me talk to the customer and get information from them in the order they're thinking of, and THEN I'll start asking questions. He's quick to insult people and quick to react with rage. Everything he tells people, he repeats, almost word for word, three times and doesn't allow anyone to respond. He mumbles when he talks (something his wife notices), so maybe he's got some kind of hearing loss. His short term memory seems lacking. His behavior makes me wonder if there's a chemical imbalance or if he's got (or getting) some form of early onset dementia.

The truly sad thing in all this is that I really was looking forward to this job.

While I was turned down for 3 jobs in the last 2 weeks, I was contacted by 2 other employers, wanting me to apply for jobs they have open. They aren't spam jobs. These are real jobs, plus I have another interview already scheduled for next week.

I actually do feel good about this decision. My stress level has dropped and I'm actually sleeping through the night again.

No comments:

Post a Comment