Saturday, March 1, 2014

Mane 'N Tail Review

I decided to buy Mane 'N Tail shampoo and conditioner, because I've heard such good things about them. Amazon Prime has the set for $17.48, Walgreens has them for $7.15 each, and Kroger has them for $5.25 each. (Normally, my usual shampoo and conditioner are Alberto VO5 because I like the scents and the prices. Plus, their conditioner is AWESOME, but this isn't about the VO5 products.)

Mane 'N Tail has a wonderful scent, especially the shampoo. It's almost a non-scent, but it just smells really clean, if that makes any sense. It's almost like clean sheets in from the outdoor clothes line. The shampoo definitely does it's job: it cleans your hair. That can't be debated.

However, the conditioner, for me, is another story. I have to use more of it than I do of my cheaper brand, and it still doesn't keep my hair any less tangled. I have to fight with my hairbrush after washing my hair. It's just not worth it.

From reading the reviews on Amazon, it seems that Mane 'N Tail makes users' hair grow faster. This, I don't believe. Those same reviews mentioned it is a good choice for dry and damaged hair, too. I have straight, fine hair that's down to my armpits. I don't do anything to my hair with a blow dryer or iron, so I don't believe it's damaged in anyway, and I don't see any split ends.

Right now, I've used about a quarter from each bottle. It's not nearly enough to know if it's going to do anything new or beneficial to my hair. I'll finish off each bottle, but I'll be sticking with my usual conditioner when I get these bottles used up. I'm still up in the air as to whether or not I'll switch to the Mane 'N Tail shampoo though.

No comments:

Post a Comment