Saturday, May 24, 2014

Another Recipe to Share

I was invited over to Nicole the Knitter's house this afternoon for a catalog/shopping party. While I pretty much knew I wasn't going to buy anything, I figured I'd at least take along some snacks. This is another recipe that my boss told me about. And she was right...this simple little recipe went over pretty freaking huge.

Brie topped with sauteed mushrooms
1 tablespoon olive oil
Italian bread crumbs
8 ounces mushrooms (cleaned and quartered)
1 (8 ounce) wheel of brie
A box of Triscuits

1. Heat the oil in a pan on low to medium heat.
2. Add the bread crumbs.
3. Add the mushrooms and saute until they start to caramelize, about 20-30 minutes. You can just use a rubber spatula to keep mixing the bread crumbs and mushrooms around the brie. Make sure to drizzle some olive oil on top of the brie as well, and sprinkle with some more bread crumbs.
4. Place the brie in the middle of the bread crumbs, top with the mushrooms and continue to saute until the cheese melts, about 8-10 minutes. (Optional: Cut the top off of the brie and let the mushrooms melt right into the brie.)

No comments:

Post a Comment