Thursday, May 1, 2014

Back Home Again

We made it back home, without me having to go into battle with anyone (which I fully expected and was mentally prepped for), with some of my Mom's belongings that are meaningful and important to me, and with a raging case of bronchitis (most likely weather and stress induced).

I wasn't sleeping at night. I slept through most of my husband's drive back, which we decided to take our time and drive back to the East Coast in 3 days instead of 2. I'd fall asleep in the truck when we'd leave the hotels in the mornings, and wake up in a different state.

Last night, I sat in the tub, trying to make myself warm and hoping the drugs from the doctor would kick in, and I realized something significant to me...I survived it. I survived all of it, every single thing I'd had on my mental list of things I "just need to get through this one thing, and then I can move onto the next item." There were so many times I didn't think I'd make it. But I did. I don't know how, but I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment