- I'd like to take a tour of a Navy sub, but my husband and I don't know anyone that works on board a sub.
I'd like to take a tour of a Navy ship that most people will never get to go on.
- I'd love to go for a ride in a fighter jet of some kind.
- I want to go jet skiing in the Atlantic Ocean.
- I want to go scuba diving or snorkeling in the Caribbean.
- I want to go to the top of the Washington Monument.
I want to go to NYC, and see the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, the Twin Towers, and go to a show of some sort.We went there in 2000 and saw The Late Show with David Letterman. I want to go to the Saint Louis Arch.We did this in 1999. I want to go to Niagara Falls..We did this in 2000. I want to go to Universal Studios Florida..We did this in 2001 and I'd love to do it again! I want to go to the Poconos and stay in one of their themed suites.We did this in 2006 and stayed at Caesar's in the champagne glass suite.
- I want to stay in a themed suit at the HoJo in Florence, KY.
- I want to get a memorial tattoo in honor of my mom and my mother-in-law.
- I want to write a bad sci-fi horror script and present it to the Sy-Fy Channel and to The Asylum to see if they'd be willing to make it into an actual movie.--I'm actually writing a screenplay right now!
I want to finally order the "Hell's Admin Assistant" patch for my motorcycle jacket that I've been thinking about for years.--I figure it's a funny alternative to a Hell's Angel patch, which I'm cleanly not a member of Hell's Angels. I ordered one from Star City Stitchery!
- I'd like to cuddle a baby gorilla. I really don't know where this one comes from, but aren't baby gorillas the cutest babies EVER??!
I want to take a painting class, a la Bob Ross. I want to go hang gliding in Kill Devil Hills, NC.
- I want to see the archaeological dig at the Jamestown Settlement.
- I want to go charter boat fishing in the Atlantic Ocean: I tried doing this in 2012, but the water was really rough that day. I didn't catch anything but I sure made a lot of chum!
I want to go to the Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art. I want to see KISS in concert, in the make-up.
- I will get a job at some kind of animal shelter, and I'm going to be damn good at whatever I end up doing there.
I will get at least one old, beat up piece of wood furniture, save it from going to the landfill, and refinish it.I've got another piece to start. :) I'd like to go on an LCAC ride with my husband before he transfers to his new command.I had to cross this one off finally, because Shane left this command already. This bummed me out. I never got a ride on an LCAC out on the bay. Some of his family members did, and even though I offered to take any number of half days off from work, I never got to ride. I will go to see the Booth Trail in 2013. I will go to Natural Bridge, VAand the Shenandoah Valley and stay in a cabin in the woods.
- I will go to Hiddenite Gems, an emerald mine open to the public, in NC.
I will go to the Richmond Zoo and the Virginia Zoo (they have done a lot of remodeling and I haven't been there for a several years).
- I can't drive a clutch and have no desire to learn, but I'd like to go for a ride in a 1957 Chevy BelAire and a mid-80's Lamborghini Countach.
- I'd like to sit in any of the Batmobiles, ECTO-1 from Ghostbusters, KITT from Knight Rider, and the General Lee from The Dukes of Hazzard.
- I will go to the National Zoo in Washington, D.C.
- I want to go to Rhode Island, Boston and Seattle, just for the sake of going.
- I want to go to Tokyo some day.--I've been to Hanoi and Hue, Vietnam, but it wasn't close enough.
- I want to see the pyramids and sphinx in Egypt.
- I'd love to see the Mona Lisa (she's in the Louvre in Paris) and The Scream (there are a couple, two of them are in Munich).
- I want to go to London, and maybe look for the TARDIS and the Doctor.
- I want to go to San Diego to see my best friend, go to Comic Con, wear a costume, take lots of photos, find an awesome looking Spider-Man so I can give him a hug for just being Spidey, and then walk a beach on the Pacific Ocean, looking for shells.
- I'd like to go to a taping of "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" if we ever go to California.
- I want to have at least one great, wildly creative crochet pattern published in a real book somewhere.
- I'd like to have our yard be featured for our Halloween decorations with a local tv station, so people might understand you don't have to spend big bucks on decorations and still put together a great display (I say this because we don't go as crazy for Christmas decorations).
- I'd like to win a challenge on Craftster.
I'd like to compete on Craft Wars on TLC.I had to cross this one off too, because I'm pretty sure it's no longer on the air. I can't find any updated information on it. I will finish the Jedi costume finallyand I will join the Rebel Legion.
- I will finish the doll house I started several years ago.
- I want to go to Ohio and see Ralphie Harper's house from The Christmas Story.
- I want to see Weird Al Yankovic in concert, and maybe even the Bangles if I ever get to California.
I want to see the Barenaked Ladies again, the next time they come to Hampton Roads.
- I want to take my friends to the Virginia Safari drive through park in Stanton, VA.--We are going on July 19, 2014! Going to rent a car so no animals can chew up my car.
Sunday, June 22, 2014
Kind Of An Addition to the Bucket List
The top item on my bucket list is to tour a Navy sub. I would love to see how big (or small) they are on the inside. That probably won't happen, but I did get to do something could be kind of a bucket list thing.
I got to actually walk under a ship today that's in dry dock for normal maintenance, and then I got to walk almost all the way up to the top of the mast. I was actually up above the yardarms and I didn't have to wear a harness to do it, because the mast (and various parts of the ship) are surrounded by scaffolding and tarps.
It was an incredible view from up there. I wished I'd taken my own camera. It was kind of a spur of the moment thing, but my husband did have his phone so we do have some pictures.