I think part of the reason for my down in the dumps feeling is because we've just started, this week, in looking for another cat. I miss Dixie something fierce and part of me in afraid I won't love another cat as much as I loved her, and will Cujo feel somehow less loved than he was before a new cat.
I need to turn my brain off.
- I worked on the Tennessee Titans blanket for a little bit while watching Robert Downey, Jr. in Iron Man 3. I'm starting to think he's got a little bit of what Hugh Jackman and Denzel Washington have going on: the older they get, the hotter they get! These guys just get better and better looking with age!
- I turned two curtain panels into 4 individual cafe curtains for Nicole the Knitter for her new house. They were actually the curtains I had on our dining room window here.
- Turned a pair of colored, printed jeans into capris. They were just a tad too snug in the calves as jeans, which is the way they were supposed to fit. They weren't skinny jeans, but I kept cuffing them to make them shorter whenever I'd wear them, so it just made sense to cut them and hem them.
- Replaced a button on a shirt I just got from the thrift store, a really nice robin's egg blue silky short sleeved button down shirt.
- Fixed a seam on the zipper on a pair of jeans
- Cut off a Derek Lam button down shirt style dress into an actual shirt. I loved the dress: I bought it at Kohl's a year ago with a gift card from my mom for my birthday. There were tons of these on the clearance racks and I couldn't figure out why. Well, after wearing it a few times, I figured out why.