Sunday, November 16, 2014

Visitor To My Backyard Today


I was in our backyard this afternoon. I threw a bunch of stuff into our garbage can and started to mow. I looked over at the garbage can about 10 minutes later and saw this chubby thing climbing out of the garbage can, glaring at me. He hopped up the neighbor's fence and climbed the utility pole. He was panting and weak, and almost fell a couple of times. Shane thinks he was dying.

All I know is that it scared the hell out of me when he came out of the garbage can. I've always heard to not trust a raccoon when it comes out during the day. He finally came down and went into the neighbor's yard a couple hours later, but he didn't look a whole lot better than before. He had his tongue sticking out for a while when he was up there.

Lesson learned: I moved the garbage and recycling cans, and secured both of them with bungee cords. I am thankful that it didn't come popping up out of the garbage can at me when I was right there, throwing stuff in!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are still mowing. It is freezing here and snow on the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonight, we are supposed to finally have freezing temps here. After Sunday and Monday's rain and winds, you can't even tell I did any yard work.

    ReplyDelete