Sunday, December 14, 2014

Roasted Potatoes with Tomatoes, Basil and Garlic

We've been so busy lately, that several of our suppers lately have been on the run and I'm getting tired of it. My husband found this recipe online earlier this evening and decided he wanted us to make it with our grilled chicken tonight (I insisted on staying home for supper so we could cook).

  • 2 pounds of red potatoes, chopped
  • 1 1/2 cups of chopped fresh tomatoes
  • 3/4 cup fresh chopped basil
  • 3 cloves garlic, pressed
  • 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon  chopped fresh rosemary
  • At my husband's request...we added frozen corn to the mix and it turns out, this really needed the corn! :) I think we added half a bag.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a prepared baking dish, toss the potatoes, tomatoes, basil, garlic and corn with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the rosemary.

Bake 20-30 minutes in the preheated oven, turning occasionally, until tender.

I have to say, even 45 minutes wasn't long enough to roast the potatoes until they were soft. This was really good recipe but the cooking time needs to be adjusted, and we don't have an old stove.

I think the next time, I'll cook the potatoes with the olive oil for about 35-40 minutes, and then add everything else, and then cook for another 20 minutes. Then I'll start checking for tenderness then. At 45 minutes, my potatoes were still just a touch firm but the corn was starting to get to the overcooked/mushy level.

No comments:

Post a Comment