Monday, December 22, 2014

Salsa Baked Chicken

In my infinite cooking wisdom earlier this evening, I found a recipe in a cookbook I wanted to try out. I thought I had cooking wine but it turns out I didn't, so that idea went out the window. I mean, who the hell would actually figure out if they had the ingredients for a recipe ahead of time, amiright? I figured it was time to improvise...WWBCD? What would Betty Crocker do?

I want to throw out right now that I don't know if this is already a real recipe...it probably exists somewhere on the Internet, but I'm too lazy to look it up to find out for sure.

So here is Salsa Baked Chicken!

Ingredients:
1 package of chicken breasts, thawed
2 packets of taco seasoning
1/2 jar of your favorite salsa
1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. I cut the chicken breasts into chunk pieces so they would cook faster.
3. Spray a glass cooking dish with olive oil and throw your chicken in there.
4. Give them a good coating with the taco seasoning, flip them over and coat the other side.
5. Cover the top of the chicken with your salsa, and then throw the cheese over the top of that.
6. Bake for 40 minutes and then check them for doneness. I didn't cover them with foil, I just let the dish go topless. :)

Usually, I have a hard time getting chicken to cook through properly.  At the 40 minute mark for me, I was close. I gave them another 6 minutes, because I was cooking something in the microwave.

7. When these were done, the pan had a lot of good chicken juices in it. No dry chicken here!

No comments:

Post a Comment