Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Made Myself a New Hat

So while we are driving back home, I finished a hat that I'd been working on for myself for sometime. I'd frogged this thing so many times.

I actually added this photo after we got home. 
It's based on the Phannie beret that I've made once before, but in a much looser fit around the head (although the brim is just a little tight, but that's because it's still new). This has a few less FPDC than the original Phannie hat has.

I wanted a bigger hat (my husband calls this my Rasta hat), and I made it with an I sized hook. It's actually made from leftover yarn from my neon sweater: Caron Simply Soft in neon yellow (#9773) and Caron Simply Soft in neon orange (#9774).