Saturday, May 30, 2015

Holy God, The Titans Blanket Is Done!

And it will FINALLY be on it's merry way to it's rightful owner as of Monday! It does need some time to hang a little more, to open up (mostly) the top half, and it's large enough to cover a queen sized bed, with just a little overhang.




The details:
  • an H sized hook
  • full skein of Red Heart Super Saver Yarn (from an Amazon seller) in White (larger skein)
  • partial skein of Craftsmart Value Yarn (from Michael's) in White (smaller skein)
  • full skein of Red Heart Super Saver Yarn (from an Amazon seller) in Soft Navy (big skein)
  • full skein of Red Heart Super Saver Yarn (from an Etsy seller) in Soft Navy (smaller skein)
  • partial skein of Red Heart Super Saver Yarn (from AC Moore) in Soft Navy (big skein)
  • full skein of Red Heart Shimmer Yarn (from an Amazon seller) in Black (I found out this is actually a discontinued yarn. It's also a lighter weight yarn than all the other yarn I was using.)
  • partial skein of Red Heart Shimmer Yarn (from an Etsy seller) in Black
  • partial skein of Red Heart Super Saver Yarn (from an Amazon seller) in Light Blue
  • partial skein of Red Heart Super Saver Yarn (from an Amazon seller) in Grey Heather
  • partial skein of Red Heart Super Saver Yarn (from an Amazon seller) in Cherry Red
I'm not completely wild with how the helmet emblem came out. It looks wonky to me, but I redid it a few times, and I know it's not a design fault. Somewhere, I kept putting in too many stitches going across so I know it's wider than it should be. 

I also wish I had gone with a shade of yarn lighter than the Soft Navy. It's hard to see the black details within the cowcatcher on the front of the helmet, even with the white outline.

And I did take a little creative license with the logo. The "TENNESSEE" in the logo is supposed to be slightly curved into the "TITANS." But I'm enough of a pain in the ass that I decided I was going to change it because I didn't like it like that. In this version, the "TENNESSEE" is completely straight across.

However, I love these patterns. Like the Steelers blanket, this pattern was made by Donna Hammell of New Jersey. It takes a lot of work to get these graph patterns to come out correctly. I've tried a few times and I just can't get the hang of it to make my own.

1 comment:

  1. Love Love Love it so much!! Thank you! You are definitely talented!

    ReplyDelete