Sunday, June 28, 2015

Estelle Getty Eyes

On Saturday night, I was with my friend, Michelle the Cook, and somehow we started talking bout eyesight. I said the other day at work, I was proofing some text and missed something and my supervisor was giving me a hard time (in a good way). I told her I may be 41 but my eyes are 85. I've worn glasses since I was five, but I tell people I have old lady eyes.

Michelle started laughing and said, "Estelle Getty eyes," and guess what that spawned...another goofy song parody!

We laughed when I told Michelle what I was going to write, because we are both fans of "The Golden Girls," and for some reason, the idea of an Estelle Getty song was even funnier.



Her hair is blizzard white, her girls she'll advise,
She's full of sarcastic might, she's got Estelle Getty eyes.
She'll turn the jazz on you, you won't have to think twice,
She's pure as Italian ice, she got Estelle Getty eyes.

And she'll tease you, she'll never appease you,
All the better just to displease you.
She's precocious,
And she knows just what it takes to make Rose blush.
She ain't got Blanche Devereaux thighs, she's got Estelle Getty eyes.

Dorothy brought her home, away from Shady Pines.
She looks like a little gnome, she got Estelle Getty eyes.
She'll need her dentures to chew, she knows all her lines.
She's a bit of a shrew, she's got Estelle Getty eyes.

She'll feed you, when she sees you.
Hope you'll feed with cheesecake she throws you.
It's delicious.
And she knows just what it takes to make Rose blush.
Sometimes she thinks she's a spy, she's got Estelle Getty eyes.

And she'll tease you, she'll unease you,
All the better just to please you.
She's precocious,
And she knows just what it takes to make Rose blush.
Sometimes she thinks she's a spy, she's got Estelle Getty eyes.
And she'll tease you, she'll never appease you,
Just to displease you, she's got Estelle Getty eyes.
She'll expose you when she knows you,
She knows you, she's got Estelle Getty Eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment