Saturday, June 20, 2015

Grandma's Upside Down Cobbler

I've had this recipe since right around Christmas. It came on the side of a couple little ceramic Nicole-brand ramekins that I bought at AC Moore, so it's  not actually my Grandma this is named for.

4 tsp butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup milk
1 3/4 cup fruit (fresh or frozen)

Melt butter in dish. Mix sugar, flour, baking powder and milk, Pour over melted butter. Add fruit; do not stir. I mixed it because I didn't want all the fruit just on the bottom, even though that's the point of the recipe. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.

SO GOOD! Considering how wildly simple the crust is, it's extremely sweet and full of flavor. It was also very easy to make and I used a variety of little baking dishes that I have creating personal desserts. This will be something I make the next time we have company.

No comments:

Post a Comment