Thursday, June 11, 2015

I Have Reached A New Crafting Low

Our German Shepherd is 13 years old. We've had him since he was 7 months old.

My husband has always said I am not allowed to dress the dog. I have always maintained that a little doggie black leather jacket and matching hat would make him look tough (and freaking ADORBS!). My husband says no, it really won't, because our GSD is actually a lover and not a tough guy.

And he also doesn't want our dog to be dressed like the lead singer of Judas Priest.

But when I saw a pattern for a baby's bow tie...well, my husband's at work, I'm here alone with our dog, and I've decided he's going for the preppie look tonight.

I actually saved some fabric from some pants I turned into capris, especially for this project. I may need help. The crafting might be getting out of control for me.
This pattern actually called for interfacing, but since this was going to be just for cutes and giggles behind my husband's back, I left out the interfacing. For the inside of the bow, I put in one extra piece of fabric. The interfacing does have a purpose, which was to give it a little extra stiffness (that's what she said) and I knew the tie would need that, even just for photos.

I think I should have made the center part of the bow a little narrower, by taking off 1/2" in width.

"Orion, what's my afternoon schedule look like? I'm going to need to pencil in  a post-meeting nap around 3."

"Hello! I'm Business Dog! It's time to go to work to make the moneys to buy more treats!"

No comments:

Post a Comment