Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Finished One More Hood

Wow, it's really kind of amazing what can be accomplished once you do a little bitching! :) It wasn't just me though. I think Nicole the Knitter may have laid down some law with her friends.

So here is the most recent hood, just finished tonight. This is a bear hoodie.

It was almost two skeins of Caron Simply Soft in Charcoal Heather (#9508), some random brown from Tammy (probably Red Heart), a little bit of black furry yarn (also from Tammy), and a couple of wooden buttons from Mom's stash again. I made this one with a little more of a cowl collar than the fox hood, because I didn't want them to be the same body.

I liked this color yarn (Nicole picked it out), and it was made using the same pattern as the previous hood. The interesting thing about this color is that in real life, it's much more of a true charcoal color, rather than the bluish tint that's shown here (the flash was needed).

Before I added the brown, I actually considered using an off-white and regular white. I got two rows in with that, and it really changed the overall appearance of the charcoal. It actually made it look blue in real life, like in the photos. I've never seen "Frozen," but that original color combo made me think of Elsa for some weird reason. I ripped out the off white and regular white, and went straight for the brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment