Sunday, August 30, 2015

3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies

I don't remember where I came across this recipe for peanut butter "cookies," but I finally got around to making them tonight.
  • 1 cup of peanut butter--Super Chunky Jif
  • 1 cup of sugar (These were extremely sugary. If I make them again, I want to try brown sugar, or at least, 3/4 cup of white sugar.)
  • 1 egg
Put the peanut butter, sugar, and egg together in a bowl and mix until the dough is fluffy and fully blended together. There was no way in hell this dough was going to come out fluffy. After a few minutes, it was like mixing cement! Then spoon out pieces of the dough, roll them into thumb-sized balls, and spread them out on a cookie sheet. Use a fork to press down and crosshatch the top of each round. Bake them in the oven at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. When they’re ready, they should look nice and golden brown.

My take on these is that they are good for a quick sweet-fix. My husband even liked them, but he prefers chocolate chip cookies. But I wouldn't make these as a large batch.

However, as far as making them goes, I agree with the size of the balls described above: the smaller, the better. And you definitely have to flatten them out. They also will taste better and firm up after they've sit for a few minutes, after coming out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment