Anyway, one of the things I made last night was Buffalo Chicken Monkey Bread. This was another Imgur find, and pretty damn good.
- 2 cans (7.5 oz each) Pillsbury® Country Style® refrigerated biscuits--I used two cans of biscuits and about 1 1/2 large cans of chicken
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles (1 oz)--I really don't like blue cheese, so I used finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Additional ranch dressing for dipping
- Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, toss chicken with 1/2 cup of the buffalo wing sauce until well coated; set aside.
- Separate each can of dough into 10 biscuits. Cut 4 biscuits into quarters to make a total of 16 pieces. (I stretched out the biscuits individually and cut them into two halves. If you cut them into quarters, you're really going to be working the dough to try and get anything into it and then seal it.) With hands, press and stretch each piece slightly to make dough round. Place small chunk of blue cheese (about 1 teaspoon) in center of each round. Enclose cheese by bringing sides of dough up and over; pinch dough to seal and enclose cheese.
- With remaining 16 biscuits, press and stretch each into larger rounds. Place 1 heaping tablespoon buffalo chicken in center of each large round. Enclose chicken by bringing sides of dough up and over; pinch dough to seal and enclose chicken. I just did them all with chicken and cheese together.
- Drizzle remaining 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce in bottom of tube cake pan; drizzle 2 tablespoons ranch dressing over sauce. Dip each ball of dough into melted butter (I actually melted the butter and mixed it with about 1/8 cup of ranch dressing); layer balls in pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until tops of balls are golden brown. For some reason, this took closer to 30 minutes here, in a pre-heated over, before the tops turned golden brown.
- Cool in pan slightly, about 5 minutes. Place serving plate upside down over pan; carefully turn plate and pan over. Remove pan. Serve bread with additional ranch dressing for dipping.
And thing I realized while making this: it would be super easy to make different variations: pizza monkey bread with pizza toppings inside the biscuits; pulled pork BBQ with sauerkraut inside...you name it and it could probably work!