Friday, August 7, 2015

Cucumbers in Vinegar

I got a couple cucumbers from Nicole the Knitter. My own cukes didn't do a damn thing in the pot they were planted in, except grow green and not produce anything. Nicole plants ONE seed in the ground and it ends up looking like something out of "Little Shop of Horrors."

Anyhoo, I had enough vinegar here to make these pickles.
  • 1 cucumber, sliced thin
  • white vinegar
  • water
  • 1small sliced onion--I left this out and instead, went heavy on the garlic.
  • 1 -2 diced garlic clove
Put cucumbers, garlic, and onion in a bowl. Pour in vinegar and water until covering cucumbers, at a 3-1 ratio between vinegar and water (3 parts vinegar for every part water). Allow to marinate overnight before serving.

It smelled really good, and I actually left this in the frig for two nights before getting into them.

They are good, but they still have that good cucumber crunch with that sharp vinegar bite to them...but they do not make good "pickles." 

I'm actually going to trash this recipe and stick with Ardel's (known to be good) freezer pickle recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment