Sunday, August 9, 2015

Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Pork Chops and Potatoes

Oooh, I love it when bloggers get kind of uppity about their content. Case in point: where tonight's recipe came from.

Because I'm basically a lazy ho, I was going highlight and copy the recipe where it originated from (but still link to it) and then paste it here. I went to go click Control C and a pop up window told me that it's copyrighted material and I had to watch a video first, and then I could actually copy it.

Well, the video just kept having that loading swirl icon...you know the one, the kind you see when a video never actually starts playing.

So, because I'm also a pain in the ass ho, I'm not going to link to the recipe page...I'm just going to type it in manually because I have it as a print out in front of me right now.

Muwahahahahahahaha! That'll learn 'em! Make me watch a video first...whatytya think you are? YouTube?
  • 1 1/2 lbs pork chops, boneless, thick sliced--I actually started out with four chops. When this dish was done cooking, two of them had become so tender, they fell apart and mixed in with the potatoes
  • 6-8 medium potatoes, chopped into large pieces--Go with fewer potatoes here. You don't need eight of them.
  • 2 (10.75 oz) cans of cream of chicken soup--While I have cream of chicken soup here, I'm saving that for supper tomorrow night, so I used cream of mushroom soup.
  • 2 (1 oz each) packages of dry Ranch dressing mix--I never have packets of dry Ranch dressing here. What I did was to mix in a healthy squirt of Ranch dressing, about 2 oz.
  • 1 cup of milk
  • Dried parsley to sprinkle on top (optional)--I bet this would have been good. I just forgot to add it.
Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-7 hours (I cooked mine on low). Use the extra sauce in the slow cooker for gravy for the potatoes and pork chops (isn't that a given?). Sprinkle with dried parsley, if you want.

This was a good recipe and I enjoyed it quite a bit, even though I'm not much of a pork chop fan. I just happened to have everything I needed for this recipe and decided to give it a whirl. 

I do think that actually using dry Ranch mix would have been a more flavorful addition to the dish. By using Ranch dressing, I didn't really taste any of the Ranch that's mentioned in the title. Despite that omission on my part, it's a keeper and I've got enough for a couple of lunches this week,

No comments:

Post a Comment