Monday, September 7, 2015

Crafting My Halloween Costume

Right now, I'm having a crafting conundrum here...from earlier posts, you may have realized I'm trying to make a Ghostbusters costume and proton pack for Halloween.

Basically, I'm starting to get pissed off. I had to take a break from the proton pack because I'm having a hell of a time attaching the hose to the pack.

This is what I started with: I got a non-working stereo amp from someone on Craigslist so I could open it up and see what kind of interesting things could be inside for the proton pack.

I bought this backpack at Goodwill and had some wood leftover from the insert area of the bench I refinished. I cut the front and sides off the backpack so I can attach the wood to it later on. I wanted a larger, stiffer pack (that's what she said).
A beginning assortment of recyclables for the proton pack. I'm only going for Halloween costume quality here. Not even cosplay quality. A high quality epoxy is your friend here.
Primed and spay painted, and starting to put the electrical do-dads on.
The start of the gunwand. I found a brand new toilet valve (still in the package) also at Goodwill. I'm taking the most creative liberty with this part here.
The Cyclotron, formerly a tortilla bowl, some washers and a piece of red plastic folder.

So my main problem right now is how to get the hose from the gunwand to stay in the hole I've already drilled into the the Cyclotron. I've used hot glue and epoxy, thought I had it in there, and the damn thing just slipped right out! I'm thinking I'm going to have to make another trip to Home Depot to find SOMETHING, ANYTHING that might help me out.

3 comments:

  1. :) Thank you! I consider myself lucky that Shane doesn't mind when I poke around in the garage through his odds and ends, or when I run off with his tools. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. You two are so cute together.

    ReplyDelete