Thursday, November 19, 2015

Casserole Tote Pattern

I stumbled across this pattern a few weeks ago. Because of all the crazy cooking that Nicole the Knitter has been doing for a friend of her's, I wondered if she needed one. The answer was yes, and she actually sent me off with her entire yarn bag. She wanted a 8"x8", a 7"x11" and a 9"x13", which is actually the size of the pattern.

I'm not going to copy the whole pattern here, but this is a super easy pattern to adjust for various sized dishes. When you start the pattern, you're crocheting the bottom part first, so you just need to make sure the width and length are right for whatever size dish you've got. From there, you just continue to work the pattern pretty much the same way, ignoring the stitch counts, of course, because a smaller dish won't have the same counts as a larger dish.

This is also a super quick pattern to work up. I did one each night while watching a single episode of a webseries I'm getting caught up on.

My only real change was the hook size. The pattern calls for a P sized hook. I used my N hook instead, which really isn't all that different from the pattern. Instead, my stitches are a little tighter than the ones in the original pattern.

If I didn't have a casserole carrying case already, I would make a couple for myself because they are just too handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment