Monday, November 16, 2015

Had a Revelation

Unfortunately, I didn't place as even a finalist in the Virginia Screenwriting Competition.

I was starting to go through the recommendations I got in the professional evaluation though (I thought it would be good to really do this serious edit on it, just in case I could do something with it later on), until I started to see some comments that were just a little judge-y, against me. I thought to myself, why am I even doing this? It's pointless. This woman didn't even know me and she's gets a little snarky with me.

So that, combined with the realization that I can't even work as a freelance writer or give away either of the 2 scripts I wrote for 2 different webseries...well, I'm not a writer. It's not something I'll ever get to be, despite all the time and effort I've put into trying to be one.

It's like you've got to start out as someone, right off the bat, as opposed to starting as a nobody and trying to work your way up in the world, where writing for entertainment is concerned. I feel like I've learned my lesson from the universe.

2 comments:

  1. Amy Lynn!!! You are so a writer. Remember the Orange and Black? And the Wooden Horse? Good times. Just because you hit a few obstacles does not mean to give up. You have to keep trying. Tons of famous people were turned down time and time again before someone took a chance on them. Plus what is that website where you self publish your stuff? I'm pretty sure Tracy Graves got her first book published that way. She is from Iowa. You can do this. Pull up your big girl panties and knock it out. OKAY????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah grumble, grumble, mutter, complain...you're not letting me wallow in self pity, damn it! :)

    ReplyDelete