Thursday, November 26, 2015

The Standard Apple Pie

This recipe, The Standard Apple Pie is from Cooking Comically: Season 2. I really enjoy seeing this guy's recipes. He's got a great chili recipe.

Anyway, I made his apple pie for Thanksgiving, and while I've made apple pies from scratch before, I didn't like how this one turned out. But it's nothing against him or the recipe...I just didn't follow it quite a closely as I should have. This one's on me.

I'm not posting it here, because half the fun of these recipes, to me, is how they are visually laid out. You've got to check it out for yourself.

Anyhoo, it's a crumble top pie and I've never made one of these before. I think it probably needed cold shredded butter added in, by hand. I softened mine on the stove and mixed it in with a spoon. Plus, I think I added too much.

After it came out of the stove, the crumble top was pretty solid, to put it mildly. While the inside was good, I should have gone with a little less topping and little more filling. But like I said, this is a very good recipe, and if you're a visual person when you cook from a recipe, this is the kind of recipe you' like.


No comments:

Post a Comment