Friday, February 26, 2016

Pancetta-Grilled Asparagus/9 Recipes Down

In case anyone actually reads this blog and is wondering...yes, I am doing other things beside cooking. Right now, I've got some pieces to a Gonk droid sitting on my front sidewalk. I just painted them and I'm letting them dry. I'm also going to make a new pair of Jedi pants and tabbards this weekend, because I'm now up to attending three con's before the end of May, so it's going to be a busy spring! :) And I've also been cleaning a lot here at the house, seeing what I can steal from our daily lives and squirrel away for the camper, when the time comes that we get it.

But onto the topic at hand: tonight's "Sam the Cooking Guy" recipe is pancetta-grilled asparagus, and it comes from Awesome Recipes & Kitchen Shortcuts. My husband had  couple steaks going on the grill for us.

There are actually two ways listed to make this: one is obviously on the grill and the other is under a broiler. We've had some winds here lately, so I pussed out and make this under the broiler. Notice he didn't puss out on the grilling with the steaks though. :)

What did I learn from this recipe?
I learned I like pancetta, as I've never had it before. I also learned it has a wonderful, slight saltiness to it.

And I learned my husband thinks this is the best thing he's ever eaten, and the best thing I've ever made. He couldn't believe it was only two ingredients. 

This will be made again!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment