Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Pesto BBQ Shrimp/6 Recipes Down

Tonight's entry in my "Cooking With Sam" theme is Pesto BBQ Shrimp, from Just a Bunch of Recipes. 

Here is tonight's alternative version of the recipe. And as always, full disclosure here: this is a recipe for the grill. However, we're having bad storms here tonight and I didn't get outside to use the grill, so I made this in the house.

What did I learn from this recipe?
I learned that this recipe really needs to be made on the grill. While my husband liked it, I wasn't so fond of it and it was because I made it in a pan on the stove. This needs to be made again, outside, on the grill. It needs to have some grill marks and maybe a little char on it.

I also learned I need to use less pesto for the re-do, than I used for the first go-round. I think the pesto over-powered the shrimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment