Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Adobo Chicken/17 Recipes Down

Last night's entry, since I'm running a little late here, is Adobo Chicken, from Just a Bunch of Recipes. 

Like Sam wrote in his entry, this simple chicken cooked in soy sauce with garlic is the unofficial dish of the Philippines. And since I have lived on the East Coast for abut 17 1/2 years where there is a large Filipino community, you would think I would have had adobo by now.

But if you thought that, you'd be wrong. This was my first foray into adobo.

What did I learn from this recipe?
I didn't make bone in chicken thighs, but I had some chicken cutlets instead. The recipe calls for bringing them to a boil in the sauce, simmering for 30 minutes, flip the chicken over, and simmering them for another 20-30 minutes. The thinner your chicken, then I think the less simmer time you need. I kind of felt like my cutlets were a little overcooked, and I still didn't cook them for as long as the recipe called for.

It was  good dish, served with plain white rice, but I thought the sauce mixture was a little overpowering.

No comments:

Post a Comment