Monday, March 28, 2016

Cap' Crunch Seared Tuna/19 Recipes Down

Cap' Crunch Seared Tuna comes from Awesome Recipes & Kitchen Shortcuts and it's actually a part of the "Things To Eat With Your Fingers" chapter.

Quick side note...my husband is so impressed with Sam's two cookbooks that he wanted me buy them again to send to his aunt, Susie. :) The order's already been placed.

Anyhoo, so this is listed as an appetizer recipe, because the tuna is cubed for sharing after it's done cooking. I had a large-ish tuna steak from BJ's that was about 1" thick. I actually cut into four pieces between the two of us and made it as the main dish.

What did I learn from this recipe?
I learned that I really need to stop trying to make anything that's breaded, because the breading always falls off the meat. This was no exception. Most of the breading fell off as I was turning the tuna pieces in the pan. The mayo and mustard "sauce" was good but this just fell apart and didn't look very appealing, even though the tuna itself tasted fine.

In the recipe, Sam wrote it should only take about 15 seconds per side to cook, if your temperature is correct. This was so not the case with me, even after warming up the empty pan before adding the olive oil. It look longer than 15 seconds per side.

No comments:

Post a Comment