Friday, March 4, 2016

Corn, Jalapeno & Cheese Biscuits/15 Recipes Down

For whatever reason, I decided I wanted these Corn, Jalapeno & Cheese Biscuits (from Awesome Recipes & Kitchen Shortcuts) to go with our spaghetti tonight.

Because I'm not a fan of biscuits at all, I changed up this recipe instead. I used corn bread mix instead of Bisquick. But I'm so glad I kept the diced jalapenos in it. I threw a bunch of slices onto my cutting board and started dicing them. I don't really know how many I used, but I'm fairly certain it was a little more than Sam called for.

That being said, this has such a wonderful warmth to the taste. Because of the jalapenos, you don't even need to warm them up as leftovers. If you wanted them really hot, you could add more jalapenos, or even add in a little of the "juice" from the jar, if you're using refrigerated jalapenos.

What did I learn from this recipe?
I learned that I was right with that change of ingredient. I just love corn bread so much and adding a few ingredients that Sam called for, to my one change, was so much better than biscuits would have been. :)

Because they were meant to be biscuits and I changed them to corn bread, I was glad I used my muffin pan. I used some non-stick spray on it and dropped the batter in by heaping tablespoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment