Sunday, March 6, 2016

Gonk Has Gone Bye-Bye

You may have noticed a few mentions of the Gonk droid I was attempting to build for the next Ring of Fire con this month. Yeah, that didn't go so well.

The paint I was using, some good Rustoleum primer and paint in one, was cracking and chipping off the totes I was using for Gonk's body. I was even clear coating the totes in between coats, but for some reason, the plastic wasn't taking the paint properly.

He was such an ugly little thing that the Jawas wouldn't even take him for scrap. I tried, but the little buggers started screaming at me in their weird little language. So I'm done with that project, thankfully, I didn't get too far along with him. I wasted about $75 give or take, but at least I tried.

This now gives me the time to make a new Jedi costume. I want to make my tunic a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment