Thursday, March 3, 2016

Pink Sauce/14 Recipes Down

Tonight for supper, I made Sam's Pink Sauce from Awesome Recipes & Kitchen Shortcuts. I made spaghetti and meatballs (frozen) for supper tonight.

This was 2 cups of any kind of pasta sauce you like (I think I had Bertolli marinara sauce) and 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream.

What did I learn from this recipe?
This was a lot like the BBQ Slaw recipe from the other day, in that the addition of one more ingredient is wildly amazing. However, the sauce, even though good on it's own, becomes much richer and thicker. The cream really cuts through the acidity of the tomatoes.

It was so good that I could have eaten it without the spaghetti. It made me wonder what tomato soup would be like with cream added to it.

And in other news, the Gonk droid build I've been dinking around with is driving me crazy. I can't get the paint to stop chipping off the totes (Gonk's body), even though I've clear coated the totes. Right now, one of the totes is outside again on my sidewalk, drying from more paint.

Plus, I can't really get his face plate to stay in the way I want it. If you hear a lot of rumbling and swearing coming from the East Coast, it's probably just me...working on Gonk. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment