Thursday, March 10, 2016

Such a Rotten Start To My Day

It is with a heavy heart that I report that my much beloved Honda Fit was involved in an accident today on my way to work.

Long story short, some dumbass rear-ended me at a red light, pushed me into another car, and then proceeded to hit another car on her own.

I was decent to said dumbass, but I didn't get close to her, because I truly could see myself exploding at her. Her airbag deployed and she looked dazed, but the other driver she hit was nice enough to help her with her phone to make a couple of calls.

Me...I just looked at her and asked her what the hell happened. She shrugged and mouthed the words, "I don't know." The sad thing is, I saw this broad coming for me, and I just couldn't get out of the way in time.



No, I didn't name my Fit "Brad," but you get the picture as to how I adore this car. However, my mom and I did name my first hatchback, a plucky red Plymouth Horizon, "the Spider Mobile," because I had a problem with spiders moving into that car and making themselves at home. But that was way back in my college days.

I'm fine. My hardworking little Fit was driveable afterwards, even though he had both front and rear damage. Okay, so yeah, this car is a male. The Horizon was a girl. Don't ask me how I know this. I just do. Even though the Fit's "voice" is female when the navigation system talks, that voice is separate from who the car is.

I called my husband, in case I couldn't drive it, but we dropped it off already to get it checked out. I even agreed with him when he said he wanted me to go to the emergency room to get checked out, just to be safe. A couple hours at the hospital, and I was released.

Now, we just wait to see if the insurance company can find out if the car that caused the accident has insurance (the driver didn't know) and if my car can be repaired.

Fingers crossed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment