Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Brought a Little Color Into Work Today

Several weeks ago, my supervisor and a co-worker ended up at Michael's. The co-worker wanted to buy some frames for her office and then things just got a little creative. My supervisor really shouldn't be working in sales, because she should be an interior decorator or a stager of some sort. They ended up buying a vase and some silk flowers, and my supervisor ended up doing an arrangement for the co-worker's office.

A few days ago, my computer connection went down for awhile, so I used the time to start cleaning up my own little office. I got rid of a filing cabinet and a small table (well, that was borrowed for the office next door), and I brought in a small glass table I had bought from AC Moore. But I couldn't leave it empty, God forbid! So, I made my own trip to Michael's.

The vase was already mine. It was part of a set that my husband got me a few years ago. It's hand etched, but somewhere in the middle, this one has a tiny hole. Since I keep this one separate so I know which one can't hold water, I figured this was the best use for it.

3 stargazer lily stems, 2 pink wisteria-looking stems, 1 palm frond stem, and 2 of whatever those pink filler things are supposed to be...damn near $60 and I even had 2 coupons! Erp! It's been a little while since I've done any floral arranging, and believe it or not, this is my idea of "less is more" in an arrangement. I could have gone crazy with it.

There is something strangely old lady like about this arrangement to me. Don't get me wrong, I like it for it's bold colors and flower type and even it's size (it's got to be close to 2' tall), but I feel like it's something Blanche from "The Golden Girls" would have in the living room to go with her wicker furniture. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment