Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Asian Wings/32 Recipes Down

Tonight's recipe was Asian Wings from Awesome Recipes & Kitchen Shortcuts.

In true Sam-style (or at least, what I think of it, based on his show), I took my own shortcut tonight. Instead of using frozen chicken wings, I made this with chicken tenders. Okay, full disclosure though: I really thought I had frozen wings here at the house. I truly remember buying them at Harris Teeter. I had the damn bag IN MY HANDS. And you know what...couldn't find the damn things to save my life.

What did I learn from this recipe?
This struck me as being extremely similar to the Hot Sweet Wings of June.

And for some reason, mine came out fairly dry. I guess with tenders, I didn't need to broil them for as long as Sam recommended for the wings.

However, I did like the combination of the brown sugar and the soy sauce. That made for a very tasty sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment