Sunday, July 3, 2016

Bacon Guacamole/29 Recipes Down

I made this as a little snack before going to a Fourth of July BBQ yesterday. The recipe comes from Awesome Recipes & Kitchen Shortcuts.

I like guacamole and figured bacon just makes everything better, so this has got to be a kick ass dish, or as Sam recommends, added on a burger.

But in reality, this recipe fell a little flat for me. For one, it just seemed a little bland. I don't think I was heavy handed with the salsa, but that was the dominant flavor in this dish.

And for two, I really prefer guac to be served cold. When it was said and done, it was really room temperature.

However, this actually kept in the frig for an entire 24 hours, without the avocados turning brown. The only reason I can come up with why has to be something (a preservative?) in the already made salsa.

What did I learn from this recipe?
So yeah, here's my big surprise here...I know I've said before that I don't like lime. Well guess what...this recipe calls for the juice of half a lime.

It wasn't enough...I had to add more lime juice. I used 3/4 of a lime here instead of 1/2.

The lime just works really well in this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment