Friday, August 12, 2016

Honey Garlic Spareribs/34 Recipes Down

As I try to keep myself busy tonight (one week sans-Cujo and a stop by the vet's office to pick up his little tin after work), tonight's supper, that I didn't really even want (because of a lack of appetite), is Honey Garlic Spareribs, and it comes from Just a Bunch of Recipes.

What did I learn from this recipe? 
There were a few things tonight. One is that the ribs I bought (beef, not pork) didn't need the full two hours to cook as this recipe requested. I could have gotten by with half that time. I actually tried cooking these for 1 hour 20 minutes and even that was too long.

Also, I guess I got some cheap, gristly ribs from my Harris Teeter. I hadn't realized that when I bought them, because they looked pretty damn good. But once they cooked up, that fat became more apparent.

The third thing I learned is that these shouldn't be cooked in the oven. Put these suckers on the grill! 

All that being said, the honey and soy combination is just about pure magic. I stuck a spoon in the mixture to taste it once it was all combined...so good!!

BTW, I'd like to remind everyone that if there's a special dog in your life, no matter who it belongs to, give that good boy/girl a rub on the head. I was outside tonight after supper, and a neighborhood couple came walking past.

I figured something was off with them. They have two dogs, and they were walking without them tonight. The wife didn't look happy. They stopped and we talked. She told me about their collie, who was going to be put to sleep tomorrow. She was the first person I told about Cujo that I'm not close to, so it was hard, but it was kind of freeing for me, in a way.

She described her dog as Lassie, and it reminded me of Cujo being my bear.

Love on the dogs you know while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment