Wednesday, August 17, 2016


The ship has weather’d every rack, the prize we sought is won,
The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring...

No, I realize that nothing bad has happened to William Shatner. That's not the point of this poem in this post. :) It's just that William Shatner was my first Star Trek Captain, the Enterprise was my first Federation ship. I wanted to grow up to be Lt. Uhura, a female officer that served on the bridge of the Enterprise, the flagship of Star Fleet.

This was a coloring book image of Captain Kirk I found on Yahoo. It's a variety of embroidery stitches (and I realize now it's a little blurry). I took some creative liberties with the color of his command seat. Just in eyeballing it, I'd guess it's about 14" x 10", on a lightweight muslin. I'm not sure anymore. I've had this fabric for so long.

Like the Kit Fisto panel I did, I'm saving this to someday turn it into a blanket of some sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment