Thursday, September 15, 2016

Grilled Eggpland Parmesan Sandwich/42 Recipes Down

Thanks to Nicole the Knitter and her garden, I've been getting a stead supply of eggplants this season. Tonight's supper of a grilled eggplant Parmesan sandwich came from Just a Bunch of Recipes. 

My last tomato had gone bad so I decided to throw in some sweet peppers instead. Other than that substitution, I made this sandwich just as Sam called for.

 What did I learn from this recipe? 
I really felt like this was a bland sandwich. It was missing something, and it wasn't the tomato. I thought it needed some bacon and some mayo or some avocado. I'm not sure what, but it was definitely missing something. 

The thing is, I like eggplant and I've had it a variety of different ways.  I felt like I mad a mouthful of just bland mush. It was very odd. I've even had other eggplants from the same plants, and they never tasted bland.


No comments:

Post a Comment