Thursday, September 29, 2016

My Ejection Harness

Thanks to the tutorial by JediXXL, I finished my ejection harness tonight for my X-Wing pilot costume.

I had to have Shane pin it on my back so I could get it lined up right. JediXXL recommended using Velcro to attach it, but I prefer snaps.

Actually, what I'm thinking is that I might actually run the whole thing through my sewing machine tomorrow night, and just sew the harness on the back of the flight suit. That way, it can't pull off. I'll leave the snaps on the front part of the harness though.

Plus, it will make it a lot easier for me to dress myself and not ask for help from anyone else. Just about all of the RL and 501st members I've met need some help to get fully dressed in their costumes. It makes sense: some of the need to be lined up a certain way or lessen your mobility.

No comments:

Post a Comment