Friday, September 9, 2016

Red Pepper & Blue Cheese Bruschetta/40 Recipes Down

Tonight's recipe came from Awesome Recipes & Kitchen Shortcuts. In order to make something that both of us would eat, based on what I had in the kitchen, tonight's take on this is actually pretty significantly different from what Sam actually wrote.

Partly, it was out of necessity. I looked the last time I went to the grocery store for some baguettes, but I guess they were all out at that time. If they had any, this would have been supper sooner. However, I was able to improvise with a frozen pizza crust.

Because I don't like blue cheese, and my husband doesn't like feta, this turned into a Sun Dried Tomato and Goat Cheese Pizza.

I baked the pizza crust as directed on the package, topped it, and shoved it under the broiler for just a few minutes.

What did I learn from this recipe? 
I'm not sure how much I actually learned from Sam's recipe, because I did stray pretty damn far from it.

I did learn, from this version, always  use the broiler on low. That damn thing is too hot on high, and I almost burned the crust.

That being said, the version I came up with, for this recipe, was pretty damn good and kind of a light supper, which was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment