Sunday, September 4, 2016

Shrimp and Corn Chowder/39 Recipes Down

So today actually ended up being a two-fer for Sam's recipes. I made Shrimp and Corn Chowder for lunch today, courtesy of Just a Bunch of Recipes. Amazingly enough, this is one Sam recipe that I couldn't entice my husband with, which is fine because now I have leftovers for me!

What did I learn from this recipe? 
It doesn't actually say to cut up the shrimp before adding them, but I did. I started with large shrimp, and after I peeled, deveined and butterfly them, I cut each one into three pieces.  I thought it distributed the shrimp better throughout the chowder, rather than leaving them whole.

Even still, I'd probably go with a full pound of shrimp, instead of just three-fourths of a pound.

However, I think this recipe could work really well if you substituted lobster or chunk crabmeat for the shrimp. Any kind of good, meaty seafood would be damn tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment