Sunday, September 4, 2016

Steak Salad With Blue Cheese Crumbles/38 Recipes Down

Tonight's supper comes from Just a Bunch of Recipes. I had taken a couple steaks out of the freezer earlier today but with no real idea of how to make them. I thought maybe I'd have Shane throw them on the grill, but I wanted to see of Sam had any ideas.

Sure enough, Sam came through for us. My husband does eat salads, but he didn't seem too keen on this one when I described it to him. But when he read the recipe, his attitude changed.

My major change to this recipe was to use shredded cheddar cheese, instead of the blue cheese crumbles. Shane doesn't like feta. He thinks its too strong of a cheese. I don't like blue cheese because it tastes kind of acidy, or even that burning taste you get in the back of your throat, right before you throw up. Yeah, really nice was to describe how blue cheese tastes...like puke. In the interest of keeping supper simple, I decided to just stick with cheddar, as we both like that.

What did I learn from this recipe? 
I've actually made salads like this before. However, the difference this time was that I allowed the steak to cool for a bit before tossing it on the lettuce. I've realized I prefer it slightly cooled like this, even though Sam calls for it to just sit for about 10 minutes.

I'm fairly sure that my putting the steak in the frig caused it to get a little tougher, while Sam's option of cooling with foil keeps it tender. For me, it's more of a temperature preference. If I'm eating a salad, I like all the ingredients to be cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment