Sunday, October 2, 2016

Halloween Chicken Chili/43 Recipes Down

Supper tonight, Halloween Chicken Chili, was thanks to having a variety of ingredients for almost anything in the kitchen, and Sam's book, Just a Bunch of Recipes.

In all honesty, these two cookbooks by Sam have really opened up how I shop and what things I now consider staples to have in the house. Before, I wouldn't have kept an extra onion around. But now, I do things like that and I feel like I'm a better cook for it.

What did I learn from this recipe? 
Normally, I don't order chicken chili. To me, it's just not chili. A stew? Yes, absolutely, but my idea of chili is the standard mid-western version: beef with beans and the like.

That being said, I popped my chicken chili cherry with this recipe, and was pleasantly surprised with the whole thing.

And I realized tonight, while writing this entry and re-reading the recipe...I forgot to add the garlic and I didn't even think there was anything missing from it when I made it tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment