Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween!

Halloween never lasts long enough. :( But we had nice weather tonight, even though I think this was the coolest Halloween we've had in a long time (temperature wise, anyway). We had so many kids here tonight, almost as many as last year.

And like the last few years, I've had to work on Halloween, so I had prestaged my life-sized uglies in the second bedroom the night before. The smalls and the lights were already outside, so we hustled to get the big guys set up. It was just a quick "pass through the gauntlet" along the sidewalk, but it's given me ideas for next year.


Homemade Freddy that's being updated after this Halloween, even though this is only his second Halloween.

Homemade Michael, new for this year. However, the fan that operated his head burned out after an hour and a half.

Michael in the fog.





Pennywise and Chucky were new this year.

There was the good mixed bag of little kid screams and laughing parents this year. However, it just felt a little rushed and not my best effort this year. We had just two chalk outlines but they were noticed, so that was good.

I guess this year, it's like I had a little bit of a "bah humbug" feeling for Halloween. I've been slammed at work and just recently found out that my supervisor is leaving, and I might be out of a job sometime between, oh, now and April, because of cutbacks. So I've had to start looking for another job, again.

There's just a bunch of random things in my life that I'm not happy with right now, so it's making me a bear to be around. I wish I could change a whole bunch of things in my life, even stuff in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment