Sunday, October 16, 2016

Homemade Crackers/44 and 45 Recipes Down

Tonight, I decided to make some crackers, based on recipes from Sam the Cooking Guy. Both recipes come from Awesome Recipes & Kitchen Shortcuts.

One recipe is for Simple Won Ton Crackers and the other is for Sesame Won Ton Crackers. I had been wanting to make these for some time, but I couldn't find won ton wrappers, so I substituted egg roll wrappers.

What did I learn from this recipe? 
To be able to make homemade crackers like these is wickedly easy and they are wildly thin and crispy.


I learned, that at least in my oven, the recommended 15 minute bake time is a touch too long and the crackers come out a little too dark. I shortened the time to 13 minutes and was much happier with it.


However, the sesame seeds didn't stick to the wrappers after baking. I used some vegetable oil, as I was out of of sesame oil, but the sesame seeds don't stay on the crackers after they come out of the oven. As soon as I transferred them to a container, the seeds came sliding off.

No comments:

Post a Comment