Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Made Some New Wash & Dish Cloths

I travel with yarn. This is probably not a surprise to anyone that knows me. I actually went yarn shopping at Michael's before we left for our Christmas trip so I'd have something to do while we were away. I think the act of crocheting might keep me sane, especially when I'm making something that is basically freeform.

I took enough stuff to almost finish off four new hats, but I'm going to wait on posting those here until I actually get them all squared away. I didn't want to bring any bit of the new travel stash home with me.

However, I was using the leftover yarn to make some new dish and wash cloths, and I'm going to stash these away in the camper stuff in the attic. They are just squares of either SC or SC and HDC, and were made with a J sized hook. There is nothing uniform about any of these.

Barcelona by Loops and Thread yarn, in Flaxen (color #BA-11), 11.5" x 10"

Might be hard to see on the pile here: unknown leftovers from a previous stash, chenille in variegated blue and hot pink, a little on the wonky side, 8.5' x 7.5"

Facets by Loops and Thread yarn, in Montana (color #44), 10.5" x 12.5"

Leftover from a previous stash, unknown chenille in hot pink, 11.5" x 10"

Barcelona by Loops and Thread yarn, in Flaxen (color #BA-11),10.5" x 9.5"

Leftover from a previous stash, unknown chenille in variegated blue with in Homespun from Lion Brand Yarn, in Montana Sky (color #368), 8" x 7.5"

I actually came home with a list of things to make for 8 nieces and nephews: individually colored scarves, and 1 chemo-style cap for my sister's daughter. She's six and was upset before we got home, when she realized she didn't have any of my mom's caps because she would have liked to have one. So, my sister requested one that we're going to pass of as being Mom's. Plus, I have a request for a hood and matching cloak for Nicole the Knitter's partner. He's apparently coveted her cloak for years. :)

I also have a need to make a new scarf for myself. A couple years ago, I crocheted a scarf for Aunt Susie. While we were back, she asked for another one that was longer so she can wrap it around herself more, and she said the scarf I was wearing would be a good length. I like crazy long scarves.

The yarn of the scarf I was wearing was just some funky, chunky, patterned, bright yarn I picked up at AC Moore about a year ago. One skein of it was the perfect scarf for me, so I whipped it off and gave it to her. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment