Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Grilled Lox and Fontina Sandwich/52 Recipes Down

I knew right away that Shane wasn’t going to be interested in lox, so this was my breakfast this morning. It comes from Just a Bunch of Recipes.

For some damn reason, no matter what I did to my frying pan, the bread kept sticking to it and the outer layer would tear off. I don’t know why, because I’ve used that pan for grilled sandwiches before. Sam did recommend a heavy white bread, and I was using regular grocery store brand white bread. However, it had been previously frozen bread, but I pulled that loaf out of the freezer days ago and it’s been fine for everything else.

I also swapped out Gouda for Fontina, as all the Fontina cheese was gone.

What did I learn from this recipe?
Oh..my…gawd…I loved it. 

My husband will never want to try this sandwich, and he’s not a picky eater, but I know he’ll never try it. I’m fine with that, because it means I won’t have to worry about anyone using up the lox I can buy at the store, before I have a chance to eat any of it. J

Make this. It’s fantastic. That’s all I need to say.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment